Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The important things...

I got this Andy Rooney quote from Jenna's blog "The Duty Family".  I found it so inspiring that I decided to re-post it. 

I've learned.. that the best classroom is at the feet of an elderly person.

I've learned.. that when you're in love, it shows.

I've learned.. that one person saying to me "You've made my day!" makes my day.

I've learned.. that having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world. 

 I've learned.. that being kind is more important than being right.

I've learned.. that you should never say no to a gift from a child.

 
I've learned.. that I can pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help her in some other way.

I've learned.. that no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.

I've learned.. that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.


I've learned.. that simple walks around the block with my father as a child, did wonders for me as an adult.


I've learned.. that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer is gets to the end the faster it goes.


I've learned.. that we should be glad that God doesn't give us everything we ask for. 


I've learned.. that money doesn't buy class.


I've learned.. that it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.



I've learned.. that under everyone's hard shell is someone who wanted to be appreciated and loved.


I've learned.. that to ignore the facts does not change the facts.


I've learned.. that when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.


I've learned.. that love, not time, heals all wounds.

I've learned.. that the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people who are smarter than I am.


I've learned.. that everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.
I've learned.. that no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.



I've learned.. that life is tough, but I am tougher.



I've learned.. that opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.

I've learned.. that when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.


I've learned.. that one should keep his words both tender and soft, because tomorrow he might have to eat them.

I've learned.. that a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.


I've learned.. that everyone wants to live on top of the mountains, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.

I've learned.. the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.

11 comments:

  1. Your picture of you and your cat just made my day :) So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! like the above commenter, I love the pic of you and your kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww I love this post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always trouble with "it's more important to be kind than right"... I am learning though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put up this one on facebook:
    " I've learned that no one is perfect until you fall in love with them"
    I thought it was super cute because ITS SO TRUE!
    i really like this post love .. it was so
    nice to read every single sentence and laugh
    and say THAT IS SO TRUE!!! or HOW CUTE!!
    =D i am glad you posted this .. it made my day!
    your button is up on my page .. love you <3



    xoxo
    melina♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a sweet post! so much truth to all of these statements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've learned.. that it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular. Truth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet and uplifting post :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing!

    http://myeverydayrunway.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww. I really love this post, there are so so many things on your list of things you've learnt, that I've been working on for myself this year. And it has also given me a couple of things to think about!

    Lauren
    tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete