Since I picked a ton of apples during my adventure to Battleview Orchards, I knew the first thing I was doing with these fresh picked specimens. APPLE PIE. It is my favorite.
I have a simple recipe for you:
You will need:
4-6 Apples (depending on size) I use red and delicious, but you can use any kind you like
Pre-made pie crust *room temperature* (I cannot taste the difference, which is why I do not make my own)
3/4 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of flour
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
a few slices of butter
So, this is how I make apple pie:
1. Peel and slice your apples. I tend to cut them on the thinner side.
2. Put cut apples in a large bowl. Add the sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
3. Cover the mixture and put in the fridge overnight to let the apples marinate. (I think this is my 'secret' to apple pie, since I've never seen it in a recipe before)
4. Stir apples occasionally
The next day...or hours later:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Lay pie crust in dish and fill with apple mixture
3. Cut a few pieces of butter (4-5) and place on top of apple mixture
4. Lay second pie crust on top of the pie and cut a few slits in the top.
5. Bake pie for approximately 30 minutes
This recipe is easy and delicious! Even if baking isn't your 'thing'!