Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's the little things

I think the best way to stay happy is to enjoy the little things in life.  The smell of fresh brewing coffee in the morning, the warmth of the summer sun on your skin, and the feeling you get when driving your car with the windows down. What is better than this?

I love when I get home from a long day and my cat, Maxwell, is so excited to see me.  (Truth is, I'm probably more excited to see him then he is to see me).  He does a big yawn when I walk in the front door and races over to me. If that isn't love I don't know what is <3

Hanging out with him is one of my favorite things

He always finds things he shouldn't be doing and does them. He's too cute to care though <3



I found him just hanging out like this the other day.  He is too much <3

Yesterday, I babysat, which always helps me to enjoy the little things.  Thinking like a child and playing with them is one of the best feelings.  It makes you careless and helps to de-stress. When was the last time you played with chalk outside?  I forgot what a brilliant concept this is! You get to play outside and be artistic. What more could someone want?

Life is beautiful

Pure happiness <3

Today, one of my best friends went for an ultra sound.  She found out the sex of her baby, which we've been eager beavers to find out.  I got the phone call and teared up with excitement and pure joy. This baby is so loved already.  I cannot wait to meet Addison Grace in a few months <3


It's a girl <3
I think it is very important to not get caught up in the mundane cycles we so commonly get stuck in.  It is so easy to do. It is even easier to just go through life without thinking about all the beautiful things around you. When was the last time you looked at the birds or smelled a flower just because?  When I feel myself getting caught up in the cycle I take time to appreciate the small things.  There is nothing better.

Take time out today to think about the little things you love in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment