Thursday, September 6, 2012

Nuttin' to it but to do it

One of my biggest dreams has always been to be crafty and creative. If you give me a craft with step by step instructions I can usually get it done, but to think of something creative on my own is where the trouble comes in.  And by trouble I mean I can't do it if my life depended on it. Steven, however, is one of the most creative people...ever. I'm so jealous. Some of the things he comes up with are amazing. 
So my un-creative self takes really nicely to pinterest. 
I scour and pretend like I'm a creative and crafty person and envision my apartment filled with the crafts and do-it-yourself projects. (isn't that what everyone dreams of?)

My newest obsession= maps. 
That being said, Steven and I decided to get crafty. 

Supplies: Frame, Different Maps, Mat and Something to cut with

Final Result:


Steven and I put Philadelphia, New York and New Orleans in the rectangle frames because they are places that we have been together and love. 

We put Long Branch, NJ in the heart because it is the first place we will live together. 

Did I mention Steven is moving in? 

Cat is out of the bag. 

Next week, my friends, next week.

1 comment:

  1. this map art is so cute! we need to make one, too!
    and congrats on moving in together! :-)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete