Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tourists


One of the things we did in New Orleans was take a guided tour of the city.  I try and not to be a complete tourist when I go to new cities, but some things are necessary and enable you to appreciate the city you are visiting even more. The guided bus tour of New Orleans was extremely informative and I got to see some of the highlights of the city. 

 Destruction from Hurricane Katrina. 
Brought tears to my eyes. 
 The cemeteries were insane. People (and their families) are buried above ground due to flooding.
Lower income families are buried in places like this. 
This, I was told, is where the term "shafted" came from.  
You get put in...and then eventually your remains get pushed down the shaft. 
Loving every minute. 

2 comments:

  1. very cool pictures.. i cant wait to go.. i might be going there next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pictures are so sad :(

    ReplyDelete