Thursday, November 3, 2011

Five + a Half

Have you ever met someone and thought they were too good to be true?  Have you ever felt like saying "what is wrong with you" when you meet a person who seemed close to perfect?  This is what I thought when I met Steven over 5 years ago.  He is one of the most genuine and kindhearted people I have ever met. He's one of those people that are too good to be true, but he's not because he is real.
Here's a quick trip down memory lane...
We've been together through it all.  From straight bangs to circular glasses, to prom, college dances and weddings, to deaths in the family, to mini vacations, to moving, to graduating, to new beginnings and everything in between; he has been my rock. He has never left my side through any thing and has shown me that people can be trusted and people do keep their word.  He has taught me how to love unconditionally and has always worked to keep our relationship strong. I have been so blessed to have him in my life.  I'm not sure what I have done to even deserve the privilege of knowing him, let alone being loved by him. But as you can imagine...I'm a lucky girl.

  I wanted to take a moment out to thank him for the happiest five and a half years of my life. <3

14 comments:

  1. Aww love this post...am so happy for you and the pics of you guys are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet post - and exactly how I feel about my boyfriend. After four months, we decided to move in together and it was the best decision I've ever made. Sometimes you just know. :-)

    If you have a few minutes, stop by to enter to win $50 to NOVICA! http://style-obsession.blogspot.com/2011/10/win-it-50-novica-gift-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet post!!!
    you two are a picture of perfection!
    sounds to me like you have found your "happily ever after" :-) that's what i told my mom when i met brian, and then i told him that too, after he proposed, and i had it inscribed on his wedding ring!!! Love is So AmaZing :-)
    blessings sweetie,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww - so cute
    congrats on 5.5 years!

    love is simply wonderful

    http://lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post is just so precious! love all the pictures down memory lane. you are one lucky girl!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. unconditional love from your man is such a wonderful thing!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy anniversary hun! My two year anniversary is in two days<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww congratulations! It is such an amazing feeling to find someone like that. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my god yes me me me!
    tomorrow will be our two
    year anniversary and i am the happiest
    woman alive! i am so happy to have him
    in my life. I know how you feel gorgeous!

    You are very lucky and so is he!



    ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
    xoxo
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com
    ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was so sweet! I LOVED SEEING ALL OF YALLS PICS!!!!! Y'all are too cute for words! Love it!

    PS: should we do a meet up when you come to New Orleans!?!?!? I'm up for it if you are! I have been dying to meet some of my bloggy besties! :)

    Hope you had a great Thursday! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww too cute! dave and i have been together just over 5.5 years too! we're on the same level! yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, congrats on 5 1/2 years! That is awesome! You two are cute together, and it's nice to see such a happy couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww... congrats! I know the feeling, I have my soul mate, too. Here's to many more happy years together!

    ReplyDelete